Get the recipe for Grilled Avocado and Melon Salad:Print
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cantaloupe, skin and seeds removed, cut into thin slices
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over the cut side of avocados. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes until grill marks appear, then transfer to a plate. Using a large spoon, scoop out the flesh of the avocado.
- Arrange cantaloupe slices and grilled avocado on a serving dish. Spoon dressing over the mixture and sprinkle Aleppo pepper over top. Finish with mint leaves and serve immediately.