There’s something very sunny about this salad. A zippy little snack for grazing al fresco: crunchy carrots, jicama, and radishes thinly sliced and dressed with a chile-lime vinaigrette. The bright, limey flavor is the perfect palate cleanser, too. A nice complement to whatever’s on the grill.Print
- 2 cups jicama, cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 carrots, shaved into long strips
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced, plus extra wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Flaky sea salt (garnish)
- Whisk together lime zest and juice, chili powder, salt, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Slowly stream in olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
- Toss jicama, carrots, radish, and dressing together. Serve with lime wedges and flaky sea salt.
- You can use any type of root vegetable you receive in your box—beets, turnips, parsnips, and more!
- For extra sweetness, add in 1 apple sliced into matchsticks.