Broccoli. So good for you, yet so often underwhelming. We put together this broccoli slaw to get you out of your roasting rut. Thinly sliced broccoli gets tossed together with crunchy green apple and snap peas in a yogurt-based dressing. The satisfying crunch alone makes this recipe worth it, but we haven’t even told you the best part: no oven time necessary.Print
Crunchy Broccoli Slaw
- 3 cups broccoli, thinly sliced
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup snow peas, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 green apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2-ounce Parmesan, shaved
- Combine broccoli, cabbage, snow peas, apples, chives, and half the Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Toss to mix well.
- Rapidly whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to slaw and toss to mix. Finish with remaining shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.
- Dressing can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- If prepping slaw in advance, cut and mix in apple right before serving to avoid browning.
One reply on “Crunchy Broccoli Slaw”