Get the recipe for herb simple syrup:Print
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, thyme, or a small handful of leafy herbs like cilantro, oregano, parsley, mint, or sage
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Add all the ingredients into a small pot. Heat over medium heat, occasionally swirling, until sugar dissolves. Let simple syrup cool, strain, then store chilled in an airtight container.
Get the recipe for herb compound butter:Print
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Zest from 1/2 a lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- With a spatula, mix butter, herbs, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and a generous amount of pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer the butter onto a sheet of parchment paper and form into a log, twisting the ends to seal. Place in the fridge for about an hour to firm up before enjoying.
Get the recipe for herb cubes:Print
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, roughly chopped (if using hardy herbs like rosemary or thyme, remove from stems and discard first)
- Olive oil
- Fill each slot in an ice cube tray with an equal amount of fresh herbs. Fill with olive oil, then freeze until solid.
- To use when cooking, simply drop frozen herb-oil cubes into a hot pan and heat until melted.
Like this? Read more: