Piled high with fresh asparagus, this toast makes a perfectly acceptable summer meal.
Plus, our storefront just got a little sweeter thanks to the arrival of Nature Nate’s 100% pure organic honey. It’s raw and unfiltered to retain a straight-from-the hive quality. Talk about a buzz-worthy addition to your next box.Print
Ricotta and Tangled Asparagus Toast
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 6 asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- ¼ cup microgreens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Nature Nate’s honey
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, garlic, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, and 1½ teaspoons of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus into ribbons and add to a medium bowl. Add microgreens, toss with olive oil, remaining lemon zest and juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly distribute ricotta among both pieces of toast. Top each with half of the asparagus mixture, then drizzle ½ tablespoon of honey over each slice.