Who says all salads have to be cold? With warm potatoes, radicchio, kale, and turnips, this one’s a perfect match for colder evenings. Not to mention the mustardy dressing is so versatile, you’ll want to keep a jar of it in the fridge at all times.
Get the recipe for warm salad with crispy potatoes and mustardy dressing:
Sign up to get organic groceries delivered with Misfits Market!Print
- 5 gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 2 cups kale, leaves only, cut into 1” pieces
- 1½ cups radicchio, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ cup radishes or turnips, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and coat with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, flipping potatoes halfway through, until potatoes are golden and crispy on the outside.
- For the dressing, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove from oven and toss kale and radicchio onto the baking sheet with the potatoes, allowing the residual heat to wilt the veg. Add the radishes or turnips, onion, parsley, and feta. Drizzle the dressing over top and toss again. Transfer to a serving dish, add more feta on top, and enjoy.