Crisp autumn days call for cozy meals to match—and this one gets bonus points for its easy one-pan, low-fuss prep. Canned soups provide plenty of richness, while the simple salad designed to go on top ensures you’ll get in that serving of veggies.
Get the recipe for no-peek chicken:
Try online grocery delivery with Misfits Market!Print
Chicken & Rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⅓ cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup parsley leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, and black pepper. Season both sides of each chicken thigh and set aside.
- In a 9”x13” baking pan, mix together rinsed rice with cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth. Lay seasoned chicken thighs over the surface of the rice mixture, then drizzle olive oil evenly over top of chicken. Cover pan with foil then bake, rotating halfway through, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, 1 hour. Once cooked, remove foil and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the chicken and rice, place it under the broiler until the cheese melts and starts to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- For the salad, combine tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon the tomato salad over the chicken and rice and serve.