With veggies as sweet and striking as carrots, you don’t have to do much to make ‘em shine. When the temps dip, we like to roast them up with a flavorful harissa coating and serve them over a creamy yogurt sauce (a little dairy never hurts, right?).
Get the recipe for harissa-honey roasted carrots with yogurt sauce:
Try fresh produce delivery with Misfits MarketPrint
- 8 large carrots (about 4 cups), scrubbed, peeled, and cut into 3” pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place prepared carrots directly on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, harissa paste, grated garlic, cumin powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over carrots and toss to coat.
- Roast carrots, tossing halfway through, until carrots are tender and develop some color, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine yogurt, lemon juice, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt to make yogurt sauce.
- To serve, spread yogurt sauce onto the base of a serving dish and top with roasted carrots, pistachios, and parsley.