We made a homemade version that marries cheesy and herby flavor to make one extremely craveable combo. Plus, they bake to crunchy perfection in less time than it takes to get to the grocery store.
Get the recipe for homemade tortilla chips with herby flavoring:Print
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with oil. Stack the tortillas and with a sharp knife cut them into 4 or 6 sections depending on the size of the tortilla.
- Add the tortillas to a large bowl and then sprinkle with cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, dried dill, sugar, and salt. Using your hands or a pair of tongs, toss the tortillas with the spice mixture until they are well coated.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake, tossing halfway through until the chips crisp up, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!