On mornings when we need something extra sweet to get us out of bed on time, we whip out the brioche toast. In this super easy recipe, sturdy slices get filled with a sweet custard filling for a dose of creaminess, then topped with whatever fun bonus items you’ve got on hand.
Get the recipe for custard toast:Print
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for serving
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 slices brioche
- Toppings: berries (fresh or frozen), jam, chocolate, nut butters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, maple syrup, and salt.
- Place brioche slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. With the back of a spoon, press into the bread to create a well leaving a ½ inch border untouched.
- Spoon the custard into the wells and add your desired toppings on top.
- Bake until custard sets and begins to caramelize on the edges, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Drizzle more maple syrup on top of toast before serving.