It’s a new kind of date night with this sweet treat.
With a peanut butter filling and chocolate coating, these decadent dates are one of the easiest desserts around. To give them your own personal spin, try topping ’em with chopped nuts, coconut flakes, or even freeze-dried fruit!
Get the recipe for chocolate-dipped dates:Print
- 16 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Optional: chopped peanuts, coconut flakes, and/or freeze dried strawberries for serving
- Cut each date lengthwise and remove the seed.
- Pipe the peanut butter into the center of the date and secure both sides with a toothpick. Place dates on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until the peanut butter has hardened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a heat-safe bowl over a double boiler, or in the microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Dip the dates in the chocolate, letting any excess drip off before returning the dates to the baking sheet. Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle a small pinch of flaky sea salt over each date, along with any other toppings you’d like.
- Place dates in the freezer to set, 10-15 minutes, then transfer to an airtight. Dates will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.