- 16 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Optional: chopped peanuts, coconut flakes, and/or freeze dried strawberries for serving
- Cut each date lengthwise and remove the seed.
- Pipe the peanut butter into the center of the date and secure both sides with a toothpick. Place dates on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until the peanut butter has hardened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a heat-safe bowl over a double boiler, or in the microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Dip the dates in the chocolate, letting any excess drip off before returning the dates to the baking sheet. Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle a small pinch of flaky sea salt over each date, along with any other toppings you’d like.
- Place dates in the freezer to set, 10-15 minutes, then transfer to an airtight. Dates will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.