One of tofu’s top talents is its ability to effortlessly adopt any flavor it’s combined with. In this sweet and rich mousse, it’s blitzed until smooth and then combined with melted chocolate AND cocoa powder for a mousse that’s light and doubly chocolate-y.
Get the recipe for Vegan Chocolate Mousse:Print
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse
- 1 block firm tofu, drained
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a food processor, blitz the tofu until smooth.
- Melt chocolate in a heat-safe bowl over a double boiler, or in the microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring in between intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Meanwhile, add milk and cocoa powder to a small pot over medium-low heat. Whisk until combined. Add the warmed milk mixture to the melted chocolate and whisk together.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture into the food processor with tofu, then add in vanilla extract and salt. Blitz again until everything is combined and looks smooth, 2 minutes.
- Divide mousse among four ramekins or transfer into an airtight container. Place mousse in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Optional: Top mousse with non-dairy yogurt or whipped cream and berries before serving.
Hungry for more? Try this:
Our Favorite Desserts with Sneaky Hidden Veggies