While we give our curry spice mix an enthusiastic two thumbs up, the real takeaway from this recipe is just how easy (and totally delicious) it is to roast a whole head of cauliflower. Give it a try to discover why we’re saying goodbye to steamed florets for good—and feel free to swap in whatever spice combo you’d normally slather on a roast chicken.
Get the recipe for Curry-Roasted Cauliflower:Print
Curry-Roasted Whole Cauliflower
For the cauliflower:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed to a paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the sauce:
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small cucumber, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Pickled onions
- Pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil and arrange cauliflower on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lemon zest and juice, garlic paste, curry powder, cayenne, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the cauliflower and brush evenly over the surface.
- Roast the cauliflower until it looks golden brown on top and a paring knife can easily glide through the florets, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, grated garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread the yogurt sauce onto a serving dish and place the roasted cauliflower on top. Garnish with cilantro, pickled onions, and pomegranate arils, and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Cut cauliflower into wedges or steaks and enjoy!
Like this? Try these other cauliflower recipes:
Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks