Taco night is a must in our weekly dinner rotation, especially when they’re packed with lots Misfits Market veggies. For our taco dinner night on Wednesday, we’re combining chipotle-dusted cauliflower with end-of-the-season corn and a tangy cilantro-lime crema for a plant-forward spin on classic tacos. Plus, it uses herbs and other ingredients already prepped earlier in the week, like limes and avocado.Print
For the Filling
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
For the Crema
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- 4–6 corn tortillas, warmed
- Limes wedges
- Optional: avocado, cotija cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- For the filling: Add cauliflower to a baking sheet, evenly drizzle 3 tablespoons of oil over top, and season with cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Toss to combine. Roast, tossing halfway through, until golden brown and tender, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside half of the roasted cauliflower.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron or heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn to skillet and cook, tossing occasionally until lightly charred, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- For the crema: Add Greek yogurt, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, and lime juice to a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth and season with salt to taste. If the crema is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time and pulse again until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Arrange 2-3 tortillas per plate and fill each with a spoonful of roasted cauliflower and charred corn. Top with crema and serve with cilantro, lime wedges, and avocado and cotija cheese if using.
- Set aside half of the roasted cauliflower, corn, crema, and herbs for Thursday’s lunch.
- Cook 1 1/2 cups of rice for Thursday’s lunch and dinner. (This can also be done Thursday when making lunch.)