For Wednesday’s lunch, utilize leftover chicken from Tuesday’s pizza night as the protein in this refreshing—and refreshingly simple—lunch salad. An orange is used two ways here: in a fragrant citrus dressing and as part of the salad itself. Add in your favorite salad veggies like crunchy cukes and creamy avocado for a filling lunch in literal minutes.Print
For the Dressing
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (about ⅓ of 1 fresh orange)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
For the Salad
- Leftover chicken and red onion from Skillet BBQ Chicken Pizza, sliced
- Remaining orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Optional: sliced avocado, cheese (such as feta, blue, or cotija), for serving
- For the dressing: Whisk olive oil, orange juice, and honey until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on a plate. Top with chicken, orange slices, red onion, and cucumbers, and avocado and cheese if using. Dress with orange vinaigrette and serve.