For Tuesday’s dinner, we’re swapping take out with a homemade pizza pie. But instead of the traditional red sauce and cheese, we’ve incorporated juicy chicken, two types of cheese, and sweet-and-tangy barbecue sauce. The best part? Prepping is a breeze and it bakes in under 15 minutes thanks to pre-made dough. (Or, grab a ready-to-eat flatbread from Misfits Market when you build your box.)Print
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- All-purpose flour, for rolling out dough
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1/8 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Place a rack on the bottom third of the oven. Place a baking sheet on the rack and preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. Transfer half of the chicken to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into bite size pieces. Transfer the remaining chicken to a container and save for Wednesday’s lunch.
- Dust flour over a clean work surface and stretch the dough into a 10-inch round. Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven and place dough on it. Brush the surface with remaining oil and then spread on BBQ sauce, leaving a ½-inch border around the edge. Evenly sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce, then layer on the chicken and onions. Bake until the edges are golden brown and crispy and the cheese has melted, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and cut into slices before serving.
- Store unused red onion in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Save half of the cooked chicken for tomorrow’s lunch. Transfer the remaining chicken to an airtight container and store in the fridge.