Last night’s dinner required fast-cooking shrimp, fresh veggies, lots of herbs, and cooked rice noodles. For Tuesday’s lunch, you’ll incorporate all of those same ingredients but with a new sauce that’ll help this meal feel different enough from last night’s dinner but still tasty and filling. Plus, if you have leftover peanut sauce and sliced veggies, you’ve got a simple built-in snack to munch on all afternoon.Print
For the Rolls
- 4 collard greens leaves
- Leftover vermicelli noodles, shrimp, carrots, cucumbers, and herbs from Vermicelli Noodle Salad with Shrimp and Chili Fish Sauce Dressing
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For the peanut sauce: In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and red pepper flakes until combined. Set aside.
- For the rolls: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Trim the thick part of the stem along the spine of collard greens and discard. Blanch each collard green leaf in the water until just softened, about 10 to 20 seconds, or until bright green. Pat dry. Fill each leaf with the leftover noodles, shrimp, carrots, cucumbers, and herbs, then wrap like a burrito. Slice each wrap in half and serve with peanut dipping sauce.