We get it. Sometimes you arrive home from work and the last thing you want to do is cook for you or your crew when takeout seems so easy. But don’t forget that box of misfit produce in your fridge! This stir-fry dish utilizes veggies from your Misfits box and is so fast and easy that it will quickly replace even your favorite delivery dish. The best part? Whatever veggies you have on hand will work! Even the grain is customizable—if you don’t have quinoa, just use rice. It’s a fully-loaded dinner you can enjoy in less than 20 minutes.Print
This veggie-filled recipe is so easy that it’ll quickly replace your favorite takeout dish.
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, chopped into small disks
- 2 cups snap peas or green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons diced scallions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, heat cooking oil of choice over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add onions, carrots, and snap peas (or green beans). Cook for 6-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies start to soften.
- Add soy sauce and toasted sesame oil and stir to evenly distribute. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove veggies from heat and serve over a bed of cooked quinoa. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!