After you try this thick, salted homemade cocoa, you’ll never go back to powdered mix again.
Get the recipe for salted hot chocolate:Print
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for serving
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons Demerara sugar
- Whipped cream for serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring heavy cream to a simmer. Add in cocoa powder and whisk until smooth and no clumps remain.
- Add in milk and bring mixture back to a simmer, whisking occasionally.
- Add chocolate and sugar, whisking frequently until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Serve hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and flaky sea salt.
For an extra wintery touch to your hot chocolate, mix in ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract before serving.