The only thing better than a bottle of wine? One that’s been simmered with citrus and spices.
Get the recipe for mulled wine:Print
Mulled Wine for Thanksgiving
- 1 bottle (750ml) red wine
- 1½ cups apple cider
- ¼ cup brandy
- 4 orange peels
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds (one for mulled wine, one for garnish)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish
- 2 star anise
- Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange peels, slices from one orange, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and star anise to a medium pot. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and heat for 30 minutes.
- Divide mulled wine into glasses and garnish with a remaining orange slice and a cinnamon stick.
Like this? Try this:
Like White Wine? Try a Refreshing Ginger-Apple Sangria
Make a Big Batch of Pomegranate Vanilla Bean Sangria