Creamy salted butter is the ideal counterpart to spicy radishes in this super simple sandwich recipe. Pair with a chilled bottle of wine and some side cornichons for a low-lift spread that’d work just as well for a picnic along the Seine or as it would a beach day lunch.
Get the recipe for Radish and Butter Sandwich:Print
Radish and Butter Sandwich
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 radishes, tops removed and washed, bulbs thinly sliced
- 1 ciabatta roll or 2 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Optional: 4-6 anchovies
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, a pinch of salt and some black pepper.
- Separate the radish tops from the sliced bulbs in two bowls and divide the dressing over both, massaging to combine.
- Warm a roll and slice it in half lengthwise. Add a generous layer of butter, then top with radish bulbs, leaves, and anchovies, if using. Slice the sandwich in half and enjoy.
Hungry for more? Try this:
Better-Than-the-Classic Egg Salad Sandwiches
Veggie-Filled Green Goddess Sandwich