Green Goddess is one of those goes-with-everything sauces we turn to when we’re in a mad dash to cook up something impressive on the fly. It’s fresh, creamy, and loaded with herbs. Just a bit of it can brighten up any dish, like lettuce cups with chicken or a vegetarian pasta salad. Here, this zesty sauce takes a veggie-loaded sandwich to the next level.Print
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup scallions, diced
- 1/3 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butterhead lettuce
- Avocado, sliced
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, basil, scallions, parsley, jalapeno, and garlic. Puree until the mix is mostly smooth. Add lemon zest and juice and pulse again until thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill.
- Toast bread if desired, then spread a thick layer of green goddess mayo on top of both slices. Top the bread with butterhead lettuce, avocado, cucumber, mozzarella, and sprouts. Top with the other slice of bread and cut in half with a serrated knife. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftover green goddess sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Don’t have avocado or cucumber? Fill your sandwich with tomatoes, bell peppers—whatever veggies and cheese you have on hand!