For the little ones, these beet brownies are a great way to boost the nutritional value in one of their favorite treats. For us veggie-loving adults, they’re a grown-up take on the classic. They have the richness of a regular brownie, but the sweetness is rounded out with a subtle earthiness from red beets. Top with sea salt melted chocolate, and watch them magically disappear. You can even prepare the beets in advance!Print
Chocolatey Hidden Beet Brownies
- 8 ounces red beets (about 2 medium beets), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Flaky sea salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add beets. Boil beets until fork tender, about 25 minutes, then remove from the water. Let cool slightly, then rub skins off with a paper towel.
- Add beets to a blender or food processor and blitz to form a smooth puree. This should make about 1 cup. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8”×8” square baking pan with parchment paper. Butter parchment or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a small pot of water to a gentle boil. Place chocolate and butter in a medium-sized heatproof bowl and place it over the hot water. Mix to melt.
- Remove butter and chocolate from heat and whisk in sugar. Then, whisk in the eggs—slowly so they don’t scramble. Then, add beet puree, vanilla, and salt. Stir in flour.
- Once mixed, scrape batter into the prepared pan and spread until even. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free. Let cool and cut into squares.
- Following the same method above, melt remaining 2 ounces of chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over gently simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over cut brownies and sprinkle flaky sea salt over top. Serve and enjoy!
I love chocolate and I love beets so I am going to have to try this..Thanks for the recipe
How do I cancel my orders completely
Hi Henry, we’re sorry to see you go! If you’d like to pause or cancel your subscription, please log in and visit your account page here: https://www.misfitsmarket.com/account Then, scroll down to “Your plan” and click “Manage” where you’ll be able to change your subscription preferences. Thank you!
I forgot to add the eggs but it still turned out fine. It came out more of a light cake which was still enjoyable to eat.
I can’t submit my order because it says my postal code isn’t complete. Please advise.
Hi Tina, we’re sorry to hear you’re having issues submitting your order! Please be sure that you are using a 5-digit zip code where we deliver, since we currently do not deliver in all 50 states. You can see where we currently deliver here: https://www.misfitsmarket.com/faq#5
If you do live within a delivery zone and are still having trouble checking out, please fill out a ticket with our customer success team here: https://help.misfitsmarket.com/contact/custom-contact-form-S1NAIK1Iw It will be added to our queue and our team will be in touch with you via email as soon as they can. Thank you!
I had the same problem. it’s because they ask you to enter your zip code in the same box as your credit card number and is easily overlooked.
These look like a dream! The perfect solution to my morning chocolate fix!