This vegan-friendly take on classic chorizo is simple to prep as a filling for your next taco night, and it makes use of that tucked away bag of dried lentils, plus a lot of fresh produce from your Misfits Market box. Or try it in burritos, enchiladas, and even grain bowls.Print
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 4 1/2 cups filtered water or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chorizo seasoning or taco seasoning (or homemade spice blend)
- Corn or flour tortillas, lightly warmed
- Additional taco fillings like tomatoes, pickled red onions, jalapeños, avocado, limes, and cilantro
- Add lentils, water or broth, and seasoning of choice to a large saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until all the liquid evaporates and lentils are soft.
- Scoop into tortillas with your favorite fillings, garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice, and enjoy!