Try saying that five times fast! If you’re already a fan of apple butter, combining it with even more butter results in a creamy, nutty spread. This is great as-is on toast, but also wonderfully delicious cook pork chops in, or to add to any baked good. Note: While this whipped apple butter butter can be used in place of regular butter for recipes like crispy cereal treats, it’s not necessarily best as a substitute for more delicate baking recipes. Best use this as a topping!
Learn how to make this apple butter butter in real time:
And then get the recipe for salted, whipped apple butter butter:Print
Burnt Apple Butter Butter
For the Apple Butter
- 4 pounds Gala apples, peeled and cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the Whipped Butter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- Flaky sea salt
- For the apple butter: Add apples, water, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, and salt to a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Turn heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples become very tender, about 1 hour.
- With an immersion blender, blend the apples until very smooth (or transfer apples and liquid to a blender/ food processor, blend, then return back to pot). Continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until apple purée turns amber-brown in color, about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Let apple butter cool, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For the burnt butter: Add butter to a pan and melt over medium heat. Once melted, continue to cook, whisking frequently until butter foams at the sides and solid brown bits begin to form at the bottom of the pan, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with ice, then place another large heatproof bowl into the ice. Transfer the browned butter into the heatproof bowl, and whisk until the butter is a whipped consistency and pale in color. Add apple butter and whisk until combined.
- Serve butter topped with flaky sea salt.
The final apple butter butter can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, though the apple butter alone can last up to 2 months.
Like this? Try one of these recipes:
Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins
Brown Butter, Sage, and Citrus Cookies
I like to bar b que mainly ground beef. I would love to get some more recipes for this kind of meat and sausage recipes if you want to send them online. Thanks again for your kind help. 😊
Thank you for this feedback, James! We will pass this feedback along to our team. Also, feel free to use our blog’s search bar to check out our previous recipes featuring sausage and ground meat! 😊
For the whipped butter I’m assuming you combine the listed ingredients and the whip it? There are no directions. Should the 2 sticks of butter be room temperature?
Apologies for any confusion, Elizabeth! Please scroll past the video to find detailed instructions on creating the whipped butter. First, you must brown the butter, then whip it while it cools, and lastly, combine it with the apple butter. We hope this helps! Let us know if you give this recipe a try. 😋