Zucchini bread is one of those baked goods we find ourselves making the most. Not just because it’s a great excuse to have a big slice of cake in the morning, either. There’s no tastier way to use up that lone zucchini rattling around the crisper. And it’s a low-fuss loaf you can throw together with ingredients you likely already have.
Here, we’re brightening up the classic with fragrant lemon, both the zest and the juice. While you’re at it, you may as well make an extra for the freezer.Print
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2, 2-inch strips lemon zest, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper. Cover parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk granulated and brown sugars, vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk until smooth, about 1 minute. Add yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk again until smooth.
- Mix in zucchini. Then, fold in flour with a rubber spatula until fully combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread until even. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free.
- Let cool slightly in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of cooled loaf. Top with lemon strips.
- Slice and enjoy!