When it comes to potato salad, coleslaw, and tuna salad, it’s all about that mayo base.
To serve, dollop dressing over your base of choice, such as boiled potatoes for a 2-minute potato salad, mixed in with tuna for an easy tuna salad, or used as a salad dressing over crunchy greens and tomatoes.
Get the recipe for the easy mayonnaise-based dressing that’s perfect for all types of summer salad:Print
For the dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons pickles, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mix in with:
- Boiled potatoes
- Blanched broccoli and thinly-shaved Parmesan
- Crunchy greens and fresh tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers and red onions
- Pasta salad with sliced olives and peppers
- Canned tuna salad
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, herbs, vinegar, salt, and lots of black pepper.
When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this creamy mayo dressing will last for up to 5 days.
Want more? Read on: