This creamy ricotta toast couldn’t be easier to whip up—or more fun to eat, thanks to its contrasting textures and cute piping. With a drizzle of jam and sprinkle of salt, it hits that salty-sweet flavor profile that will have everyone coming back for more.
Note: Leftover whipped ricotta can be transferred to an airtight container and last up to a week in the refrigerator.
Get the recipe for Whipped Ricotta and Jam Toast:
Get your groceries delivered with Misfits Market. Sign up now!Print
- 1 16-ounce container whole-milk ricotta
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3½ tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons jam
- 2 slices sourdough
- Flaky sea salt
- Add ricotta and salt to a food processor and blitz until smooth. With the motor running, slowly stream in 2½ tablespoons olive oil until fully incorporated and ricotta is creamy, about 2 minutes. Transfer whipped ricotta to a piping bag, set aside.
- Add jam to a separate piping bag, set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry up both pieces of sourdough until golden and toasted on both sides.
- Cut ½-inch off the tip of the piping bag with whipped ricotta and pip a layer over the toasted sourdough. Cut ¼-inch off the tip of the piping bag with jam and pip lines of jam over the whipped ricotta. Repeat with remaining toast and serve immediately.