Roasted butternut squash is pretty sweet on its own—but topped with rich brown butter and sharp Parm, it becomes a whole new kind of delicious.
Get the recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Parmesan:Print
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add butternut squash to a baking sheet and toss with olive oil salt, paprika, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, and black pepper. Roast until squash is tender and browned, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Add butter to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low until butter begins to smell nutty and turn golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Add squash to a serving dish, then spoon brown butter over top. Use a microplane and generously grate Parmesan cheese directly over the squash.