Looking for an easy-to-make appetizer to keep hungry guests at bay while you prep big holiday meals? This dip might just be your answer. If you’ve got creamy yogurt on hand along with fresh produce from your Misfits Market box, then you’ve got a tasty, crowd-pleasing app that’s ready in no time. Just serve it alongside crunchy veggies, crackers, or warm crusty bread for dipping.Print
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flaky salt, for serving
- Warm bread, for serving
- In a small heat-proof bowl, combine garlic, 3/4 of the scallions, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in a small pot over medium heat until it shimmers. Carefully pour the hot oil over the garlic-scallion mixture and let sit until completely cool. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt to taste.
- Spoon yogurt into a shallow bowl and swirl in garlic scallion oil. Top with remaining fresh scallions and some flaky salt. Serve immediately with warm bread.