Looking for potatoes that have the crispiness of fried potatoes without all the hassle? We’ve got a hack for roasting potatoes that brings that same crunch (minus the mess!) with a garlic-rosemary flavor everyone loves.
Get the recipe for Crispy Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes:
Try fresh produce delivery with Misfits MarketPrint
- 3 pounds yellow potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, and cut into 2” pieces
- Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add potatoes to a large pot and pour water over to cover by 2 inches. Bring water to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, add both oils to a large baking dish and heat for 10 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, drain, transfer back to the pot and let sit for a few minutes to allow potatoes to dry up a bit. Shake the pot to rough up the exterior of the potatoes, until they look starchy. (Careful to no over do this part, you don’t want your potatoes falling apart!)
- Carefully pour potatoes into a baking dish and coat in the hot oil. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, tossing potatoes every 15 minutes, until potatoes are deeply browned and very crispy. During the last 15 minutes of roasting, add garlic and rosemary to potatoes before placing back into the oven.
- Serve immediately topped with some flaky salt.
Hungry for more? Try these other potato-centric recipes: