This salad is a remix on a few favorite things: cabbage, which is most commonly used in slaws, and wedge salads, almost always made with chilled iceberg lettuce. We’re switching things up by grilling big hunks of cabbage to bring out their natural sweetness. Then, we add in the salty and savory elements: nutty tahini and a handful of fresh herbs. This one may very well become a new classic.Print
- 1 small red cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, roasted and salted
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill, minced
- Bring a grill pan to medium heat.
- Brush the sides of cabbage wedges with oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the heated pan and cook for 9-12 minutes per side or until it begins to soften and grill marks form. Flip and repeat.
- Turn off heat and transfer the wedges to a platter. Top with lemon juice and zest.
- Drizzle the tahini over and garnish with the sunflower seeds, dill, and chives. Serve and enjoy!