Sugar and snap peas play a dual role in this creamy ricotta dip—bright garnish and super crunchy dipper. And with just the right amount of citrus, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a zestier dip.
Get the recipe for Crispy Garlic and Snap Pea Ricotta Dip:Print
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup snap peas, thinly sliced on the bias
- Heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 cloves of thinly sliced garlic to the oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is browned and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer garlic chips to a paper towel-lined plate, season lightly with salt, and let the oil completely cool. Once the oil has cooled, transfer the garlic chips into a small bowl and pour the oil overtop. Set aside.
- Add ricotta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove thinly sliced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and some black pepper in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Using the back of a large spoon, create shallow circles on the surface of the ricotta dip, which helps create cavities for the garlic oil to settle into. Spoon the crispy garlic chips and oil over the ricotta dip, then scatter the snap peas over top. Finish the dip with some extra lemon zest and flaky sea salt.