Take tuna salad to the next level with the addition of canned cannellini beans, now available in our Marketplace. Or maybe we’re taking bean salad to the next level with the addition of tuna? Regardless, the creamy beans mixed with salty tuna, fresh herbs, and bright lemon juice makes for the most delicious bite—whether that’s for lunch, dinner, or an afternoon snack. We like to eat our tuna bean salad on open-faced toasts. It just feels a little fancier than the mayo-heavy tuna salads we ate as kids.Print
- 1/2 cup cooked canned tuna
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cooked canned cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 pieces sourdough toast
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest from 1/2 small lemon
- In a large bowl, add the tuna, onion, beans, parsley, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined, then prepare four pieces of toast.
- Rub garlic on the surface of each piece of warm toast. Then, evenly divide the tuna bean mixture and top each piece of toast.
- Top with chili flakes and an even drizzle of olive oil. Finish with lemon juice and zest, serve, and enjoy!