Watch Bobby sauté cabbage in brown butter to delicious perfection:
And now give his very buttery, very crunchy, and very delicious side a try!Print
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 large sage leaves, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried currants, rehydrated in warm water and drained well
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is completely melted and the milk solids have turned golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the browned butter to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the butter begins to foam and sizzle, add the sage to the pan and swirl the butter around to coat.
- Add the cabbage to the butter and sage, and season with salt and pepper. Mix occasionally to fully coat and help cabbage to “melt.” Cook until the cabbage is wilted yet tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the parsley, hazelnuts, and currants, tossing to combine. Serve warm.