Some of our favorite cozy fall recipes also happen to be the simplest. We paired juicy chicken thighs with acorn squash (though you could use any kind of hard squash really: butternut, kabocha, or even delicata) for a dish that cooks up in no time, meaning it’s easy enough for a quick weeknight meal. Plus, it’s packed with extra flavor like crushed garlic and a heft hit of herbs. Even better? You can make everything in a single pan so cleanup a breeze.
Watch to learn how to make this easy weeknight meal now:
And get the full dinner recipe here:Print
- 6 chicken thighs, patted dry
- Kosher salt
- 1 acorn squash, seeds removed and cut into wedges (though any hard squash will work)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges (keep the root intact)
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs generously with salt all over.
- In a large baking dish or pan, toss squash, onions, garlic, and rosemary in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Push squash mix to the side of baking pan to allow room for chicken thighs. Add chicken, then drizzle butter over thighs and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and squash is tender. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.