- 6 chicken thighs, patted dry
- Kosher salt
- 1 acorn squash, seeds removed and cut into wedges (though any hard squash will work)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges (keep the root intact)
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs generously with salt all over.
- In a large baking dish or pan, toss squash, onions, garlic, and rosemary in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Push squash mix to the side of baking pan to allow room for chicken thighs. Add chicken, then drizzle butter over thighs and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and squash is tender. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.