We’re lucky enough to have a rotating supply of sweet mangoes sent our way all year long. (By now, you’ve probably received a few in your weekly box.) It’s hard to hold back from immediately digging in, but we do like to save some for recipe testing. Here, our take on refreshing mango salad. It’s a simple (and elegant) salad with shrimp and avocado. Perfect for a protein-filled lunch or light dinner in minutes.Print
- 10 large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Butterhead lettuce, torn into “cups”
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Place lettuce cups on a plate and evenly add in shrimp, avocado, and mango.
- In a bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients—lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, honey, olive oil, and salt—and drizzle the lettuce cups. Serve and enjoy!