Looking for a delicious and filling plant-based dinner? You must try these Crispy Chipotle Sweet Potato Bundles. They’re slightly sweet, smoky, nutrient-dense, and 100% plant-based. Trust us, it’s the perfect recipe for when your body is craving ALL the veggies!Print
Slightly sweet, smoky, delicious, and 100% plant-based.
4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
1 tablespoon of chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
6 tablespoons olive oil, separated
2 medium onions (sliced 1/4″ thick)
1 bunch kale (massaged and chopped into 1” pieces)
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons of balsamic reduction
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat chickpeas with the smoked paprika, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chickpeas evenly.
- Poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and place on a separate, lined baking sheet.
- Transfer both sheets to the oven and roast for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size. Flip each sweet potato and toss the chickpeas, then roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until crispy.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat and add the onions, cooking until caramelized, about 30 minutes. Add the kale, squeeze the lemon over top (discard the seeds), and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the kale reduces down to half or is wilted. Set pan aside.
- When sweet potatoes and chickpeas are finished and ready to plate, slice the sweet potatoes down the center but not all the way through.
- Layer each potato with 1/4 of the sautéed onion and kale mixture, then top with 1/4 cup of the chickpeas. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve.
Our thanks to Monique Sourinho for creating this recipe. Make sure you check out her website https://www.beethelove.net for more delicious meal ideas that often use Misfits veggies!