Here’s a riff on a traditional spicy Thai salad but with a few ingredient swaps to make the shopping easier for home cooks. This recipe is for a single serving, so it’s great for lunch or dinner for one. Just double (or triple or quadruple!) the quantities for more portions.Print
Thai Shrimp Mango Salad
- Yield: 1 1x
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 small seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 6 cooked shrimp
- 1/3 cup peanuts, salted and roasted
- 6–8 fresh green beans
- Small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Small handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or dried chili flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove immediately and place into a bowl of ice water. Drain and slice.
- In a bowl, whisk to combine dressing ingredients.
- Place all salad ingredients on a large plate or small platter. Drizzle over dressing and toss well. Scatter optional cilantro and mint. Serve immediately and enjoy!