One-pot recipe alert! You don’t want to miss this cheesy, veggie-packed pasta made in one skillet. Mushrooms are browned until golden, then tossed with garlic and herbs and mixed with cream, cheese, and broccoli rabe. Pasta is folded in as the finishing touch for this oven miracle. Yes, miracle—did we mention it’s all made in the same pot? Get mushrooms from our Marketplace and toss in broccoli rabe, cauliflower, or whatever other veggie from your box that you have on hand.Print
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli rabe, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 9 ounces fontina or sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups medium pasta (penne, rigatoni, shells)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium heat-proof skillet, like a cast iron, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until golden and tender. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and red pepper flakes, cook for another 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour half-and-half into skillet and season with salt and pepper. Bring half-and-half to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. In three batches, add 8 ounces of cheese, mixing in between each batch until cheese has melted into the half-and-half. Add broccoli rabe in two batches, letting broccoli rabe wilt before adding the next batch. Mix in pasta, until fully coated in cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until pasta is al dente. Remove skillet from oven, mix, and smooth into an even layer. Turn on broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix panko, remaining 1 ounce of cheese, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Evenly sprinkle panko mixture over top of pasta. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until the top becomes golden and cheese is melted. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.