Ceviche is one of our favorite party tricks. Thanks to a little acid cooking action (looking at you, orange and lime juice!), all you have to do is toss together shrimp and a couple of fresh, fruity ingredients for a simple but impressive appetizer. Note: If you purchase shrimp from us, it should be ceviche-d within four days of thawing.Print
- 1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- In a medium bowl add shrimp, onion, cucumbers, and jalapeño. Pour orange and lime juice over top. Season with 1½ teaspoons of salt and 10 cranks of black pepper. Mix to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, until shrimp turns pinks and feels firm.
- Add mango, avocado, and cilantro to ceviche and mix to combine. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips ad enjoy!
Like this? Try one of these recipes: