Eggplant is a staple in our boxes all year long, which is why we’re always on the look out for new ways to cook it. Enter: This roasted version that’s halved, scored, and then covered in some of the most flavorful and fragrant ingredient combos. Soy sauce, ginger, honey, rice wine vinegar.Print
- 3–4 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or neutral oil
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon white and/or black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use a sharp knife to score a diamond pattern across the flesh of the eggplant.
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and place in a shallow baking pan cut side down. Let rest for 15-30 minutes, then use a paper towel to blot water droplets from eggplant and clean out any remaining liquid from the baking pan.
- Brush oil all over eggplant and return to baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and water. Smear miso mixture over the cut side of each eggplant.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, until tops begin to brown and eggplant is tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with chives and sesame seeds. Enjoy!