“Cacio e pepe” is Italian for “cheese and pepper”—two simple ingredients that are far more transformative than they sound. And not just in the traditional pasta preparation you may already know. We gave potatoes the cacio e pepe treatment; for such an easy side dish, the result was kind of mind-blowing.
Watch now to learn how to make them:Print
Lemony Cacio e Pepe Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby creamer or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 ounces pecorino, finely grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground back pepper
- Cook potatoes in a generously salted pot of boiling water for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and return back to pot. Add oil and about 2/3 of pecorino, toss until cheese is coated all over potatoes. Add lemon juice and zest, season with 1 tablespoon pepper and salt. Toss again.
- Transfer potatoes to a dish, drizzle with more olive oil, and top with remaining cheese and pepper. Enjoy!
One reply on “Lemony Cacio e Pepe Potatoes”
making these today. I’m pretty excited, they look & sound great.