We’ve never met pancakes we didn’t like, but we really like these granola pancakes. We’re not talking about a sprinkling of granola on top here. This involves homemade granola mixed right into the batter. The crispy clusters provide a super-satisfying texture. We used dates, cashews, and cinnamon to make our granola, but you can switch it up—or take a shortcut and order granola from our Marketplace.Print
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 2/3 cup dried dates (or 5 large Medjool dates), roughly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 big pinch salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- To make the granola, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients: rolled oats, dates, cashews, cinnamon, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix again to combine.
- Pour granola onto the lined sheet pan and spread evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let granola cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make your pancake batter: Put dry ingredients in a bowl, make a well, and then add wet ingredients.
- Put butter in a pan and bring to medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter into hot pan. Sprinkle granola on top of the pancake in an even layer.
- Flip when bubbles start appearing. Your pancake is completely done once both sides are crispy and golden.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup. Or, consider adding yogurt, fresh fruit like mango, strawberries, and blueberries—whatever you have on hand!