Happy Thanksgiving! Menu all set? Nice. Accidentally forget something green? We’ve got you covered with this fall slaw. It’s the perfect last-minute side to get something fresh on the table utilizing ingredients you likely already have in your fridge. And even if you don’t have Brussels sprouts at the ready, you could swap greens like crunchy cabbage or even shaved asparagus. Mix it all together with an easy-to-make vinaigrette and you’ve got a simple and refreshing salad that serves four.Print
Crunchy Fall Slaw with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 3 tablespoons chives, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast until golden and fragrant, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, shallots, lemon zest, and juice. Continue whisking and slowly drizzle in olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, apples, and chives with the dressing. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with toasted walnuts.