If the idea of doing a round of massive meal prep has you worrying about getting bored by the end of the week, we’ve got a better way! Early in the week, take your favorite veggie and cook it one simple way. Then, “eat it twice” by adding that cooked veg to a number of new recipes with totally new flavors. That way, last night’s dinner can become today’s lunch or tomorrow’s breakfast in an entirely new dish with new different flavors—all without any extra cooking.
Next up: green beans! Fresh green beans are so unlike the sad canned version—they’re vibrant, crunchy, and herbaceous, and add a lovely texture and flavor to any dish they’re added to. While we love fresh green beans dipped in hummus or added to salads, a simple way to enjoy them is simply sautéed. Then, you can add cooked green beans to even more tasty dishes like omelettes and pastas.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to do:
- In a large skillet, bring oil to medium heat.
- Add green beans and cover with salt and pepper. Stir and sauté for about 6 minutes until warm and vibrant green.
Then, you can make:Print
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup sautéed green beans
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup arugula
- Bring a medium, nonstick skillet to medium heat.
- Add oil, red onions, and green beans, and gently toss to coat.
- Layer on eggs and sprinkle in blue cheese. Cook for about 3 minutes or until eggs start to set, then reduce the heat to low. Either leave open or fold in half at this point. Cook for an additional minute or until you reach your preferred texture.
- Garnish with parsley and arugula. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- 1 pound pasta of choice, cooked according to directions and preference
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups sautéed green beans, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all of the ingredients together until well combined. Chill in the fridge for one hour.
- When ready to serve, toss again, top with more grated Parmesan cheese, share, and enjoy!