We love smoothies, especially when we’re able to make use of extra ingredients that have been hanging around in the freezer and pantry for a while. With this recipe, we’re using chickpeas in a totally new way by adding them for an added boost of protein and creaminess—and a welcome layer of nuttiness. Don’t have any extra can of chickpeas handy? No worries. This recipe is equally as delicious without them.Print
Chickpea and Peanut Butter Fruit Smoothie
- Yield: 12 ounces 1x
- 2 cups fruit of choice, such as pineapples, mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, or a combination, peeled, chopped, and frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk, like whole milk or non-dairy alternative
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1–2 large dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Small pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine fruit, milk, chickpeas, peanut butter, dates, cinnamon, and salt. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately topped with a dollop of non-fat yogurt, full-fat cream, or non-dairy alternatives like coconut yogurt, if desired.
Hello. My friend is interested to subscribe. How can I refer? Appreciate your help!
Hi, Jayshree. Please log into your account and scroll to the bottom of the page to the box that reads “Share the love.” There, you’ll find your unique code that begins with COOKWME that you can give to friends to enter in the discount code field when they check out for the first time. We look forward to your friend joining us!
Thick, nutritious and filling. Yum!
We truly appreciate your 5-star review, Barabara! We’re thrilled you enjoyed. 💖