We have a thing for the little guys. The fruits and veggies that get ignored. The ones that get left on the field. Enter one of our favorite rescues: the tiny avocado. This oft-neglected fruit might be too small for a full meal but they’re the perfect size for single serving dressings, dips, and toasts.
Watch now to learn how to use small avocados in one of our favorite recipes—a flavorful, tangy crema.
Add a healthy dollop to your favorite tacos and salads, or serve as a dip with fresh vegetables and crackers. The best part? Tiny avocados means no leftovers to go to waste.
Get the recipe:Print
- 1 tiny or 1/2 large avocado
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- For the crema: In a food processor or blender, add avocado, Greek yogurt, garlic clove, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Blitz until smooth and season with salt to taste.
- Add a healthy dollop to your favorite tacos, salad, or serve as a dip with fresh vegetables and crackers.
What is guacamole?
|This avocado dip is typically associated with Mexican cuisine and can be found on many appetizer menus. It can be eaten with tortilla chips, dolloped on top of nachos, or rolled into burritos. It always starts with mashed avocados, then most recipes call for salt, lime juice, onion, cilantro, and diced tomatoes. However, these ingredients are quite flexible, and you can add or subtract ingredients according to your preference. If you like spicy food, you can throw in a diced jalapeño.|